Tuesday, April 14, 2009

And the count down begins!!

Very quickly I would just like to say that if you have not read my blog prior to this one....GO READ IT!!...haha...ok, now I will continue.

Life over the past few weeks has been...oh...how do I say...pretty eventful. Busy, busy, and did I mention BUSY!! I took off work a few weeks prior to leaving and I still have not accomplished all that I need to do before leaving on Monday. But that's why there is grace, right? Leilah and I STILL have not received our visas BUT we're not worried about it because we know that God will deliver them right on time. :)

As I mentioned above we will be leaving on Monday the 20th and wont return until mid-June. We are excited to be going and READY to get the getting there part over with...haha...I am even more excited then Leilah because this is going to be a HUGE surprise to all of my friends and former students there. They have NO idea I am coming, let alone bringing a guest with me. I am so thankful that God has opened up doors for me to build such great relationships with the people of Azerbaijan. They are truly dear to me and hold a VERY special place in my heart.

Please continue to pray for us prior to our arrival in Baku, while also praying for us while we are gone. Again I will add some prayer points below. They may seem repetitious but they are very important and needed. They are as follows:

-Please pray for our visas to arrive on time.
-That our flights would go smoothly. (We are using buddy passes from here to Istanbul which means we have to do standby.)
-Health.
-Safety.
-Finances.
-Both my family and Leilahs while we are gone.
-Protection while in the country.
-Open doors.

Thank you all again so much for your prayers and support. Please keep following me as I continue to follow after Him and the callings He has placed on my life. I love you and..no, we love you all. God bless!

Until all have heard,
Callie

If you would like to sow finincially you may make checks payable to Callie Strong or for a tax write-off you may contact me via email and I can give you that information. You can mail any donations to:

Callie Strong
20502 Heather Ct.
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025

No comments:

Post a Comment